FD401GOLF - FD Series 2-Wire Field Decoder (4 addresses, 1 solenoid per address)
- Improve aesthetics and reduce costs with buried in-field controls.
- Easy system expansion…simply splice into the communication line and add additional decoders.
- Installation requires up to 80 percent less wire than conventional controller systems.
- Electronic components are completely encapsulated to protect against the elements.
- Simple, two-wire system can be spliced and stored during installation.
- Underground decoders reduce the chance of damage from animals or vandals.
- Pre-coded addressing eliminates confusion associated with switch-based addressing.
- With the addition of Rain Bird’s Decoder Programming Unit (DPU), decoder addresses can be reassigned if necessary.
Simple, Reliable Control
If you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional in-field controller, Rain Bird decoders may be the right solution for you. These self-contained switching stations for your central control system are simple, yet very reliable. They work with your central control system just like conventional controllers but are buried underground away from the elements.
A Cost-Effective Alternative
A simple wiring configuration and absence of protective enclosures keeps installation and maintenance costs low. Rain Bird decoders are a “true lower than 30 volt” system that utilize a two-wire path of 14-gauge wire connecting the central control system, decoders and valves or valve-in-head sprinklers.
If you need information from analog, pulse or switch sensors to manage your irrigation, connect the sensor to the SD-210 sensor decoder and view the data at the central. Using Smart Sensor, sensor data can even be used to control the irrigation.
Protect Against the Elements
With all electronic components fully sealed within a water‑tight enclosure and buried underground, damage from floods, frost, rodents or vandals is virtually eliminated. Rain Bird decoders are an especially good choice for flood plains.
An Out-of-Sight Solution
Buried decoder systems leave nothing exposed to the elements. With no evidence of in-field control, this aesthetically pleasing alternative works perfectly in situations where controller enclosures are unwanted or impractical.
Excellent for Renovations
Thanks to advanced central control technology and simple wiring requirements, decoders are a smart choice for many golf course renovations. With Rain Bird’s Cirrus,™ Nimbus™ II and Stratus™ II Central Control Systems, it is now possible to use Rain Bird’s hybrid control feature to operate controllers and decoders concurrently. This makes it easy to expand irrigation coverage using a minimal amount of wire and decoders.
In-Field Control Options
The addition of decoders doesn’t mean the elimination of in‑field control. Decoders can be turned on and off in the field with The FREEDOM System or MI Series Mobile Controllers. The MI Series Mobile Controller allows precise control of the decoder system anywhere Internet access is available, even on a mobile phone. Another alternative is the FREEDOM System. This handheld radio remote allows you to signal changes to the central control system from anywhere on the course.